3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl
We love getting the day started with a smoothie bowl. They’re not only delicious but can pack a health punch and add a bit of something special to an otherwise ordinary day when decorated nicely.
One of our go-to smoothie bowl recipes to make is peanut butter and banana. It’s a favourite because the flavour combo is not only a crowd favourite in our household but its also easy, quick and the ingredients are almost always on hand.
Peanuts are an excellent way to get extra protein in your diet, they’re affordable and easy to find in grocery stores. They’re full of vitamins such as vitamin E and B and minerals such as iron and selenium.
Bananas as most of us know are great sources of potassium, but did you also know they contain antioxidants? Studies have also shown that they may improve digestive health making them excellent resources for weight loss and gut health.
This smoothie recipe is super simple, and only includes 3 ingredients! We like to make it with frozen bananas, but it will be just as delicious if using room temp bananas.
- 2 Bananas - sliced and frozen
- 1 ½ Tablespoon peanut butter - chunky or smooth
- ¼ Cup milk of choice (we used oat mylk)
Optional toppings: bananas, granola, coconut, chocolate chips, crushed peanuts
- Freeze your sliced bananas overnight to make sure they’re extra firm
- Add your bananas, peanut butter and milk into the blender
- Blend until smooth
- You may want to add more milk to this, which is fine, add more until you have the consistency of your liking.
Share your creations with us on our Instagram page @huskihome!