Delicious Tea Recipes To Try
Tea is something we can all agree on, so why not get creative this year and make your own tea? Here are three simple recipes that you can make yourself!
Moroccan Mint Tea
This light and refreshing tea doesn’t require much effort at all. Mint is great for kickstarting your metabolism and is an after-meal staple in many countries.
- A handful of dried spearmint leaves
- Unbleached green tea bags
- Boil your water and pour into a mug, adding your green tea bag.
- Brew the tea bag for a moment, until the water is a light wash of green.
- Either stir in the mint or put it in a tea strainer and hold in the water for as long as needed. The longer you leave the mint in, the stronger it will be.
- Add a splash of lemon.
Tropical Hibiscus Tea
This floral tea has a huge list of health benefits, including reducing blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Hibiscus also helps balance oestrogen levels and ease the pain of menstrual cramps.
- One cup of fresh or dried hibiscus flowers
- Two tbsp honey
- First, you need to prep your hibiscus flowers for brewing. If they’re fresh, remove the green part where the stem is attached and the thread-like tube in the middle of the flower. If you are using dried flowers, you don’t need this step.
- Bring your water to a boil and pour into a mug. Add your hibiscus flowers and allow them to brew for at least three minutes. After this time has elapsed, you can either remove the flowers or allow them to settle.
- Add your honey to the mix and stir well.
Moon tea is a sweet and creamy tea that is perfect if you are trying to get rid of that 4pm caffeine craving.
- 1 black tea bag
- ½ cup of milk or a non-dairy alternative
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of ginger
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Boil your water and add your black tea bag. Allow to brew for a minute and then add your ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon stick. Stir gently.
- Heat your milk or non-dairy alternative in the microwave for thirty seconds and pour into your brew.
- Add your brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir.