Easy Homemade Hummus Recipe
Hummus is a recipe that’s been around for centuries, arguably because it’s so delicious! Hummus is simple to make, with few ingredients that packs a health punch. It’s also a wonderful way to eat less meat and introduce plant proteins into your everyday diet.
Are chickpeas healthy?
Yes! Chickpeas are a great addition to a balanced diet. They are packed with fiber and protein. Chickpeas are also a source of calcium, iron and a great way to add folic acid into your diet. Chickpeas have been shown to have a low glycemic index meaning your body will digest chickpeas slowly.
Can you use dried chickpeas to make hummus?
Yes, of course! There are a few things to consider when choosing dried or canned beans for any recipe. One being time, if you’re on the go and want to make this recipe quickly, you won’t have time to soak your chickpeas overnight for this recipe.
How to make hummus easy
This hummus recipe is as easy as adding ingredients into a blender and pushing a button! Not to mention it tastes amazing.
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas - drained - reserve the juice
- ¼ cup or 60ml fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup or 60ml Grecious Tahini
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice, I prefer sunflower
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp salt - or to taste
- 3 tablespoons of the water reserved from the chickpeas
- In a blender or food processer, add the chickpeas first, then add remaining ingredients on top.
- Blend until smooth
- Scoop out your hummus and add it to a serving bowl
- Serve with fresh vegetables, crackers or bread.
Keeps in the refrigerator for 1-2 days but I doubt it’ll last that long!