Easy vegan peppermint hot chocolate recipe
With Christmas in full swing, we're indulging in a few bits here and there, like an early mince pie, or a hot cup of mulled wine. One thing that I absolutely adore during the holidays is a nice cuppa hot chocolate, even better when its vegan too.
Pairing perfectly with chocolate is peppermint, and a dynamic duo of Christmas as well. So I've mixed them together to bring you a truly scrumptious holiday treat, enjoy!
VEGAN PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100g vegan dark chocolate, chopped or grated
- 3 tablespoons of your sweetener of choice, such as granular or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, add more to taste
- Vegan marshmallows
- Crushed peppermint for topping
- In a small sauce pan heat the milk and add the chocolate
- Add your peppermint extract and sugar
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and all ingredients are combined
- When the cocoa is near boiling serve in a mug topped with your marshmallows and crushed peppermint
This vegan peppermint hot chocolate recipe is great because you can customise it to your liking. Add a bit more sweetener or extract to your taste and enjoy with your loved ones, or why not leave a cup out for Father Christmas.
Happy Christmas everyone!